Foster Fuels Propane Prover Service
As a national propane provider, Foster Fuels understands how the process of proving and re-certifying a propane delivery fleet can become a time-consuming hinderance. Unplanned downtime during the cold season can quickly take a turn for the worse by affecting customers who rely upon timely service. Foster Fuels’ full-service propane prover team offers an alternative to time consuming State inspections, getting your fleet back on the road in record time.
Protecting Vendors & Consumers
An inaccurate meter cheats either the customer or wholesaler. Prover testing verifies meter accuracy – ensuring vendors are distributing the correct amount of fuel. It is important to note that meters are designed to fail in the customers’ favor. By verifying a meters’ accuracy, our team ensures vendors are able to distribute fuel without loss of profit while ensuring all customers receive fair prices.
The State requires all propane vendors to undergo annual meter inspections. Additional checks can be triggered at any time following a customer complaint filed with the Department of Codes and Consumer Services. State-run inspections present several issues for propane providers.
- Tests are performed following short notice primarily during the busy winter months.
- Individuals checking propane meters are the same ones checking deli scales – many are not properly trained in prover testing.
- All propane delivery trucks must be pulled from service during testing, resulting in extensive downtime for drivers during peak season.
If you do not pass an inspection, the failed vehicle is red tagged and you have 10 days to correct the issue. The prover process begins again after you send in documentation that the issue is fixed.
Keeping You on the Road
By owning and operating our own prover, Foster Fuels’ team has the capability to service your fleet from any location. This removes the need to relocate your fleet for testing, saving you money and valuable time. Providing full-service inspection and repair services, our propane prover team offers a number of invaluable benefits for propane providers.
- Mobility – Our fully-mobile team comes to your location.
- On-Site Diagnosis – Analysis in performed on-site, yielding fast results.
- Full-Service – From bulk plants to trucks, our team is able to fix it on location.
- Downtime Prevention – We work around your schedule, keeping trucks on the road during the busiest months of the year.
- Certification – Our experienced team is fully certified and trained, ensuring your equipment is properly inspected and up-to-code.
Foster Fuels’ 97 years of experience and industry-leading equipment assures you that you will get the service fleet service you need when you need it most. As a full service commercial fuel company, we understand the need for reliable fleet equipment as well as excellent testing and maintenance services.
Call us today to see why Foster Fuels has been a regional leader since 1921. We have earned our reputation as one of the best fuel delivery and commercial propane companies by forging lasting relationships that power your business’s ongoing success.