Because biodiesel is produced from corn and other agricultural byproducts, using it helps support American farmers and promotes energy independence. Biodiesel also has greater lubricity than traditional diesel, which means less wear on engine components. Here are some other reasons why biodiesel is a great fuel:
- Biodiesel fuels can be used in regular diesel vehicles without making any changes to the engines.
- Biodiesel fuels can be stored and transported using diesel tanks and equipment.
- There are public fueling stations that offer biodiesel blends for sale to the public in nearly every state.
- Biodiesel is nontoxic and biodegradable.
- Biodiesel produces fewer air pollutants, like particulates, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, hydrocarbons, and air toxics.
- Biodiesel does not smell as bad as regular diesel fuel when it burns; sometimes biodiesel exhaust smells like French fries!
- Biodiesel is a renewable source of energy.
- Biodiesel is domestically produced.
Recognizing the importance of biodiesel fuel to the future of the American energy sector, Foster Fuels opened its own processing facility in Brookneal, VA in 2007. With the capability of a 30,000-gallon heated storage tank and computerized blending technology, we can produce bulk orders of biodiesel in grades from B10 to B99. Our normal delivery area for biodiesel is throughout Virginia, North Carolina, West Virginia, and Tennessee. Call us if you need bulk or emergency biodiesel delivery outside of these areas.
Biodiesel can be used anywhere that petroleum-based diesel is used, and Foster Fuels has helped many customers implement a responsible biodiesel program. To discuss the many other benefits of biodiesel or to discuss your biodiesel needs, contact us today.