With heavy rain expected, now is the time to prepare your home for power outages and potential flooding. Use these tips to best help prepare you and your family for potentially serious weather.
- Order your tank fill early
- During bad weather, our timeframe for delivery may be delayed – that’s why it’s important to order your tank fill as early as possible.
- Stock your cabinets
- Without power, it may be difficult to prepare meals at home. Make sure to stock your cabinets with nonperishable items.
- Build or restock your emergency kit
- Include flashlights, batteries, cash and first aid supplies.
- Listen for weather updates
- Keep an eye on TV and radio announcements, emergency instructions or evacuation orders.
Remember, avoid walking or driving through floodwaters. It only takes 6 inches of moving water to knock you down and 2 feet of water to sweep your vehicle away.
To speak to a representative please call Foster Fuels on our 24/7/365 line at 800-344-6457.