Propane Heating & Home Fuel Delivery
Propane is one of the most versatile sources of energy available today. From heating homes to running commercial refrigeration units, propane fuel plays an important role in Virginia and beyond. Cooking, refrigeration, and heating water are common ways that propane is used, but whatever your needs, Foster Fuels can provide prompt service and affordable pricing on high-quality fuel delivery. Make us your first call and find out why we’ve been Virginia’s leader in propane delivery since 1921.
Learn About Whole-Home Heating
What Is Propane?
Propane is an energy-rich gas. It is a hydrocarbon (C3H8) and is sometimes referred to as liquefied petroleum gas, LP-gas, or LPG. Produced from both natural gas processing and crude-oil refining, propane is a clean, versatile energy source that is non-toxic and colorless. Typically, propane is virtually odorless—for safety, an identifying odor is added so the gas can be readily detected. Used by more than 12.6 million US households for heating and other purposes, propane is a leading source of fuel for many Americans. This is great for the American economy because over 95% of the propane used in the U.S. is made in North America.
Benefits of Propane
- Energy Independence: 90% of the propane sold in the U.S. is produced domestically. All Foster Fuels propane is processed in one of our Virginia facilities.
- Environmental Friendliness: Propane is listed as an alternative clean fuel by the 1990 Clean Air Act. With low carbon monoxide, soot, and hydrocarbon emissions, propane is also safer to use, store, and transport.
- Economy: Propane is an economical choice for a number of applications. At home, an investment in a propane-burning furnace can typically be expected to last 5–10 years longer than a conventional unit. A Rinnai tankless water heater’s life expectancy is around 20 years!
- Home Delivery: When you place a propane gas order with Foster Fuels, our friendly propane retailers deliver it right to your home—you can be prepared without ever leaving the house!
- Install Anywhere: Unlike natural gas, which requires a nearby gas pipeline, propane can be installed anywhere you need dependable heat.
- Dependability: Because propane gas is kept on site, it will not be affected by regional pipeline interruptions or electrical grid outages.
Residential Propane Heating
For those who rely on propane to keep their homes warm during the long winter months, Foster Fuels can eliminate the persistent worry of having enough on hand. If you have ever been in danger of running out of propane, you know how frustrating extended waits for service can be.
When you sign up for our auto-fill program, your fuel delivery driver will monitor your tank level and automatically fill your tank whenever necessary. If you have been disappointed by the service you’ve received from other propane suppliers, switch to Foster Fuels today. See how easy and convenient propane heating can be!
Year-Round Propane Suppliers
Many people think of propane as a way to heat their homes during the winter, but there are many great uses for propane year-round! We offer tankless hot water heaters that create endless hot water. Recreationally, propane has many uses, including grilling and RVing. If you camp today, you are bound to see propane being used. If you’re out on the patio, you can enjoy the light from gas lanterns and the warmth of propane heat with a gas fire pit or patio heater. Visit one of our Hearth & Home stores to see the products we offer!
Commercial & Agricultural Propane
From tractors and forklifts to standby generator sets, a diverse variety of commercial equipment runs off propane. As an important partner to businesses and farms throughout Virginia, Foster Fuels provides the propane that keeps our economy running.
In addition to same-day deliveries for orders of any size, we can assist with emergency preparedness, new line installations, regular maintenance, and much more. With our optional satellite fuel level monitoring, you’ll never have to worry about business continuity due to a lack of fuel.
Building Customers for Life
Foster Fuels has been a family-owned business for three generations. We have built our reputation on quality products and reliable service that goes above and beyond our customers’ expectations. Contact our office today for more information about propane home heating, fuel delivery, and commercial service.
Contact Us Today