Propane Tank Sales and Installation
Since 1921, Foster Fuels has been powering Virginian homes and businesses with high-quality, environmentally conscious propane fuel, propane tanks and so much more. We’re a family-owned and -operated company that takes pride in our history of technical expertise and unwavering commitment to excellent customer service across Virginia.
Foster Fuels offers a wide range of propane tanks for sale and rent. We also provide various propane services for customers across a diverse selection of local industries. For Virginia’s most trusted propane products and services, turn to the pros at Foster Fuels.
Contact Us About Your Propane Tank
Propane Tank Features
- Propane tanks are environmentally friendly, require little maintenance, and can last up to 40 years.
- Because propane is a non-toxic fuel that doesn’t contaminate aquifers or soil, large tanks can be safely buried underground.
- Fuel comes from the tank as a vapor, not a liquid
- Minimal environmental disturbance due to their stable design
- Functional versatility with usability in residential, commercial and industrial settings
Tank Rental Program
Only need a propane tank for a few weeks or months? No problem! Foster Fuels offers propane tank rentals at a competitive price point. These rentals include models designed for underground and above-ground use. Plus, they include options for residences and businesses along with flexible payment plans.
Propane Tank Buying Guide
When shopping for your home or business, the right choice of propane tank is essential. Foster Fuels, Inc. has propane tanks for sale in a variety of sizes to meet the needs of every client:
- 120 gallon propane tanks – Vertical or Horizontal: the 120 gallon model is ideal for providing fuel in homes with one or two propane appliances. Measuring just 4’ 6” tall and 30” in diameter when upright, this space-saving unit is an unobtrusive addition to any residential property.
- 325/500 gallon propane tanks: A 325 or 500 gallon tank provides enough fuel to meet the needs of commercial cooking operations or homeowners using propane to power their furnace, water heater or up to five smaller appliances.
- 1000 gallon propane tanks: Both underground and aboveground 1000 gallon propane tanks are available from Foster Fuels, Inc. Use a 1000 gallon tank for whole home heating or light to medium-duty commercial/ agricultural applications. Many homeowners opt for a 1000 gallon propane tank so they can purchase in volume and take advantage of lower summer fuel prices.
Industrial Propane Tanks
For clients with special propane needs, Foster Fuels, Inc. can design and install custom propane tanks capable of storing anywhere between 10,000 and 30,000 gallons of fuel. Our experienced engineering and design team can help you assess your needs and determine the right propane tank size for you. Our previous clients have included schools, hotels, healthcare facilities and industrial plants.
Installation and Set-Up Support
Foster Fuels, Inc. provides installation and setup of aboveground and underground fuel tanks to clients throughout Virginia and North Carolina. If you’re installing your purchase in a new propane system, we can run fuel lines and ensure everything is set up as efficiently as possible. We can also provide purity testing and other ongoing maintenance.
GascheckTM Your System
Do you think that you burn too much gas? Do you think you smell propane? If so, the safety of your family may be at risk. As your trusted propane supplier, Foster Fuels offers GAS CheckTM by our certified technicians.
- Tank inspection
- System leak inspection
- Regulator inspection
- Customer awareness info
- Odor testing
- Pressure testing
- Appliance inspection
- Venting inspection
Call us today for more information or to schedule a GASCheckTM.
The GAS Check™ Advantage
Foster Fuels offers a fuel tank safety service that we call the GAS Check advantage. With this service, we provide tank inspection, regulator inspection, leak inspection and an array of essential tests to ensure that your propane tank system is running safely.
Before You Buy: What to Look for in a Propane Tank
Interested in purchasing a propane tank? Here are some steps to start with:
- Understand the requirements of your specific applications. Are you simply heating your home, or do you need the maximum fuel storage capacity for your industrial facility?
- Determine whether you need above-ground or underground tanks.
- Know how many tanks you require to power your home or facility.
- Remember to always talk to an expert before making a final purchasing decision.
Worry-Free Financing for Your Propane Tank
If you’re looking to replace an aging propane tank, Foster Fuels, Inc. makes it easy with convenient financing options. Lease or purchase outright — we can match you with the best option for your budget.
For detailed specifics about any of our commercial or residential propane tanks, call Foster Fuels, Inc. directly. We have many flexible Payment Plans to fit you and your life.
Contact Foster Fuels for Top-Quality Propane Tanks
For more information about our propane tanks or our installation, maintenance and repair services, reach out to our friendly team online or at 800-344-6457!