As a propane user, you know how necessary this fuel is for your daily comfort. You rely on propane to heat your home during the colder months, and it may be the fuel for some of your kitchen appliances, including your range and tankless water heater. Propane delivery companies supply this crucial resource that fuels your everyday activities.
If your propane delivery company is missing the mark or providing poor customer service, you may be looking to switch providers. Having a reliable, local propane gas company is essential for Virginia homeowners. You deserve a company that cares about your needs as their client. We’ll provide the information you need to know to switch propane companies to one you can count on.
Steps to Take if You Can’t Reach Your Propane Company
In some situations, a propane company may dodge a customer’s calls or always seem unavailable. A reliable propane company should be courteous to your needs since you rely on them for an essential part of life. This starts with answering the phone when you call and making propane deliveries when they say they will. If your current propane company is unable to fulfill these basic expectations, consider finding a different propane company that can.
Here are some steps you can take if you can’t reach your propane company:
- Talk to your neighbors and friends in the area: Find out which propane companies they use. Ask them about their experiences and if they would recommend their current company. You may discover there are more propane companies in the area than you thought.
- Do some research online: Learn more about your prospective propane companies and what they have to offer.
- Compare prices and services: Remember that lower costs aren’t always the most important thing to look for. You want a company with good reviews that will treat you with the respect you deserve. There’s still a chance you can find a better company that will charge you less than your current one.
- Make some calls: Start calling the new propane companies you’re interested in. Ask for more information about what the company can offer you as your new propane provider.
Can Another Propane Company Fill My Propane Tank?
The answer to this question depends on whether you actually own the propane tank. If your home’s previous owner was leasing the tank from a specific propane company, only that company can fill it. Propane companies cannot fill a tank that belongs to another company.
Check your paperwork to see if the previous homeowner owned the tank and transferred ownership of it to you when you bought the property. As the owner of the tank, you get to decide who keeps it full.
If you’re unsure about the ownership status of your tank, look for markings on it that reveal if a certain propane company owns it. Leased propane tanks may have stickers or painted emblems of the owning propane company’s logo and phone number on them. Try calling the number to find out more information about the ownership status of the tank.
Benefits of Working with Foster Fuels
Many homeowners in central and southside Virginia choose Foster Fuels as their trusted propane delivery company. We provide quality delivery services you can count on. With us, you don’t have to worry about missed calls or late propane deliveries. We care about your experience with us, and we strive to give you high-quality customer service that you want to tell your friends about.
Besides giving you some of the best service in the area, working with Foster Fuels has the following benefits:
- A century in business: Our business has thrived through the ups and downs of the past century. In our 100 years, we’ve expanded into an internationally-renowned company that can meet all your propane needs.
- Auto-fill service: Never run out of propane again. Sign up for our auto-fill service, and our drivers will top off your tank when they’re passing through your area. It’s a convenient way to do business, and it keeps your home warm at all times. Skip cold days at home this winter with a propane tank that’s always full.
- Commitment to safety: We operate a drug-free workplace and provide our employees excellent training to ensure everyone’s safety. Propane safety is our top priority, so you can feel secure working with Foster Fuels. We even follow hazardous materials protocol so we can handle any propane emergencies that may arise.
- Great customer service: At Foster Fuels, our customers are our biggest priority. You’ll speak with a person every time you call and never have to experience long hold times.
Switching propane companies can be simple, but it will take a bit of planning on your part. The goal is to avoid going a single day without propane service. If you own your tank, schedule your first delivery with your new company on the same day that your contract ends with your current company. When you choose Foster Fuels as your new propane company, we’ll help you with every step of the process to ensure a seamless transition from your old propane provider. If you’re having trouble reaching your current propane provider, let us know and we can help.
If you lease your propane tank, here’s what you can do:
- Sign up with your new propane provider: Let them know you’re canceling your contract with your current provider. They may be able to help with the transition. Many companies will even pay some or all of your cancellation fees to secure you as a customer.
- Schedule your propane tank removal date: This is the day when your old propane company comes and takes their leased propane tank back.
- Schedule your new propane tank installation on the same day: When your old propane company leaves the property, your new propane company can come and install your new propane tank. If you plan it out this way, you can avoid going an extended period without propane.
Contact Foster Fuels as Your New Propane Provider in Virginia
Foster Fuels is ready to become your new propane provider in central and southside Virginia. We are a third-generation, family-owned business that puts your satisfaction above all else. If you’re tired of dealing with a propane company that does not serve you well, turn to Foster Fuels for the solution. We’re ready to be a propane provider you can be happy with. Contact us today to learn more about the Foster Fuels difference.