No matter what industry you’re in, making smart decisions about your energy use is essential to your bottom line. There is no shortage of reasons why propane makes an excellent choice for your business. It’s cleaner burning and more efficient than other fuel sources, making propane the perfect choice for anyone concerned about the impact their business has on the environment. In fact, propane has been named an alternative clean fuel by the 1990 Clean Air Act. It’s also safer to use, store and transport thanks to its low soot and hydrocarbon emissions.
While these are all important benefits, the biggest advantage to switching to propane is the potential for significant cost savings on a month-to-month basis.
Propane for Your Business
As one of the most versatile fuel sources on the planet, there are several options for switching to propane from electricity, natural gas or oil. Businesses rely on propane for water and space heating, backup power and more. Propane can also be used to run off-road vehicles — it’s the third-most popular vehicle fuel source in the world, behind diesel and oil.
Propane also drives landscaping and agricultural equipment, and powers stoves and other appliances. Depending on the specifics of your business, you can find a variety of ways you can save money by taking advantage of this abundant, clean fuel.
Why Is Propane the Smart Choice?
Just look at the facts:
- Propane pricing is more stable — Up to 95% of propane is produced domestically or in North America. As a result, it is less subject to the price fluctuations of foreign oil. This makes it easier to budget for on a monthly basis. And because propane is stored on-site rather than delivered through a pipeline, you may be able to save even further by buying in bulk when prices are at their seasonal low.
- Propane is more efficient — Propane is often compared unfavorably to natural gas, which is generally priced lower on a per-unit basis. However, what these comparisons fail to mention is that propane has up to twice as much usable energy per cubic foot. In fact, certain propane appliances run at as high as 98% efficiency. When you compare actual usage costs, propane is the clear value leader.
- Propane heat is cheaper and hotter — Even if you’re only using propane to heat your business, you’ll see immediate savings in your utility bill. The U.S. Department of Energy has estimated that switching to propane is cheaper than relying on electricity to heat your property. Propane is also great for powering a water heater, and it may cost as much as one third less than other fuel sources.
- Propane can be installed anywhere — Because there’s no need to be connected to the grid, propane can be used in remote locations where other sources of power are impractical or prohibitively expensive.
Propane Savings in Action
Use the Propane Education & Resource Council’s Cost Savings Calculator, and see you much your business can save by switching from oil, electric or natural gas to propane.
Want to learn more about the benefits for propane for your business, or schedule a consultation with one of our commercial propane experts? Contact Foster Fuels today!
Learn More about the Benefits of Propane:
- Propane Energy Pods
- Propane Vs. Natural Gas: Which is Better For Your Home?
- Virginia Propane Tax Credit
- Propane Vs. Electric Heat: Which is Better?
Post updated on January 14th, 2019